To install, troubleshoot, repair and perform preventative maintenance on electrical systems, lighting, and controls in ARRC facilities, properties, docks and yards throughout the railbelt. Performs plumbing, carpentry, and HVAC/Boiler maintenance, repair and construction duties.
[ [ [ Minimum Qualifications ] ] ]
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Must have a current State of Alaska Certificate of Fitness as Journeyman Electrician.
* Must have six years experience in the electrical trade.
* Diverse experience in the areas of residential, commercial, and industrial plant operation systems to include electrical systems, circuits, equipment, and controls is preferred.
* Must be able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 75 pounds.
* Must be able to work in stooping, squatting or sitting positions for long periods of time.
* Must be able to drive a vehicle; i.e., truck, suburban.
* Must be capable of wearing a respirator.
* Must have a valid driver's license.
* Must have or obtain a Transportation Worker's Identification Credential (TWIC) within six months from date of hire.
[ [ [ Examples of Duties ] ] ]
Installs, repairs, troubleshoots, and maintains lighting systems, power distribution systems, electrical fixtures, motors, outlets, switches and controls.
Repairs and maintains heating and cooling systems, boilers, fans, duct work, control systems, unit heaters and pumps.
Installs, repairs and maintains a variety of steel and wooden structures. Works with concrete, wood, steel, sheetrock, doors, windows and cabinetry.
Repairs and maintains water systems, sewer systems, heating systems, pumps, hydrants, valves and participates in the thawing of frozen systems.
Performs operational functions and maintains equipment and work area in accordance with practices and procedures prescribed in ARRC Manual of Safety Rules and Regulations for General Guidance and Protection of Railroad Personnel. Responsible for maintaining a clean and tidy work site.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
For more information or to apply for this position, click on the Careers link at www.AlaskaRailroad.com
Go to Workplace Alaska: www.governmentjobs.com/careers/alaska/jobs/2340136