QR Code Link to This Post
An established interior design firm located in beautiful Juneau, Alaska is seeking an Administrative Coordinator to add to our team. We are looking for an energetic, outgoing person with great communication and people skills to fill this full-time position. This person should also be self-motivated, very well organized, and detail oriented.
- Provide confidential secretarial and administrative support for design team; including managing the schedule/calendar, screening and handling telephone communications, greeting and directing visitors, and dealing with administrative problems and inquiries as appropriate.
- Serve as the primary point of direct administrative contact and liaison with positionâs customers on a range of specified issues; organize and facilitate staff meetings, and other special events, as required.
- Gather, enter, and/or update data to maintain company records and databases, as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain files and records for the company
- Monitor and coordinate accounting activities and prepare internal reports for management
- Resolve administrative problems by analyzing information; identifying and communicating solutions
- Maintain rapport with positionâs customers by arranging continuing contacts, researching and developing new services and methods, setting priorities, and resolving problem situations
- Maintain continuity of work operations by documenting and communicating needed actions to management, discovering irregularities, and determining continuing needs.
- Assist with project development and planning to ensure more efficient service and organization of the office and projects.
- Assist in the coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects as appropriate.
- Oversee and complete procurement and coordinate distribution/delivery of all project related items
- Compose and prepare written documentation and correspondence for the office, screen and evaluate incoming and outgoing correspondence and prepare responses as appropriate.
- Coordinate and oversee the day-to-day management of supplies, equipment, and facilities for the organization, as appropriate; to include maintenance, inventory management, logistics, security, and related activities.
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Strong knowledge of:
â¢ MS Office software
â¢ Variety of commercial software applications
â¢ Construction terms and mathematical skills
â¢ Sales & Retail experience encouraged
Strong personal skills:
â¢ Verbal and written communication skills
â¢ Active listening skills with the ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical partners to resolve issues-both on the telephone and in person
â¢ Analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
â¢ Build and maintain effective working relationships with leaders, peers, and clients
â¢ Take the initiative to improve processes, procedures, skills, and knowledge
â¢ Documentation, organization, and time management
â¢ Able to work independently and multi-task
Years of experience to meet minimum qualifications: Four years of experience working in office administration.
Level of Education required to meet minimum qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required. Associateâs or Bachelorâs Degree in Business, Management, or related field of study preferred. Additional years of experience within office administrative role may be substituted for degree.
Please respond directly to this posting and include resume. We look forward to hearing from you!