Vitus Energy is the holding company for Vitus's marine and terminal operations. The core of our business is managing the delivery of fuel from international and domestic sources to a wide variety of customers in Alaska. In addition, Vitus Energy sells gasoline and convenience products at retail stations.
The Customer Service Representative operates a retail facility by providing exceptional customer service, while accurately transacting sales of fuel and merchandise, and maintaining a clean and safe work environment for all. The ideal candidate is someone who is people-oriented, self-motivated, dependable, able to work effectively and safely in a fast-paced environment while maintaining 100% total customer focus.
- Provides exceptional customer service, including but not limited to, a pleasant greeting, smiling, making eye contact, soliciting additional sales, processing the transaction accurately, thanking the customer and inviting them to return.
- Conducts all transactions and register duties accurately, quickly and in accordance with Company guidelines and procedures.
- Performs daily station responsibilities, including cleaning duties inside and outside, prepare quality food products, and stocking of merchandise.
- Interacts and communicates effectively and productively with others.
- Support and follow established safety, security, quality, and CSIs policies, procedures, practices and programs.
- Provide regular and predictable attendance.
Principal Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides top quality customer service at all times and to every customer.
- Secures all funds in safe or register. Makes timely drops and maintains cash drawer at or below maximum level, in accordance with Company policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Performs daily station cleaning while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Complies with company standards on carding customers for all age restricted products.
- Prepares food & drinks, cleans, stocks and maintains food prep area in compliance with health codes. (Based on location)
- Courteous, professional contact with co-workers, customers, vendors, and community at large.
- Neat appearance and good personal hygiene in compliance with company image standards.
- Takes reasonable precautions and measures to protect company assets.
- Preserves the safety of self, fellow employees and all others in the work location.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by management.
Required Skills and Experience Include but Not Limited to:
- Available to work a variety of hours, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehend English
- Ethical, honest, trustworthy, respectful, compassionate, supportive and patient
- Ability to handle challenging situations professionally and exercising good judgment
- Basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Previous cash handling and customer service experience.
Physical Demands Include but Not Limited To:
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of times on hard and uneven surfaces.
- Ability to process information and merchandise through cash register system. Repetitive motion with hands, wrists, elbows and shoulders.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store. Vision and depth perception is required.
- Ability to bend, carry, push, pull, stoop, squat, twist or lift to stock merchandise and clean station in narrow spaces. Merchandise, equipment and cleaning supplies throughout the station generally weighing 0-50 pounds.
Use of strong chemicals.
- Periodic exposure to all outdoor conditions at all times of day.
- Occasional exposure to prolonged periods in walk-in coolers at 34ï°F.
- May also experience extreme hot temperatures when operating store equipment.
Vitus Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.