Mechanical Drafter opportunity in San Diego CA.
Candidate will be responsible for completing project designs and detailed drawings using SolidWorks and AutoCAD software.
· Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign part numbers to the materials.
· Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment.
· Draw and Design working platforms, equipment supports and material flow transitions.
· Perform drafting consisting of equipment interface and answer questions pertaining to installation of equipment.
· Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies, improve cost or to reduce production problems.
· 3 years previous mechanical drafting experience or Bachelor’s degree with 1 year of related experience. 2-year drafting certificate can substitute for 1 year of experience.
· SolidWorks proficiency, PDMworks is a bonus.
· Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in constraining, mating conditions, sheet metal modeling, steel structures, mechanical development and creating drawings for manufacturing.
· Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models. Specifically: fastening systems, bearings, gearing, welding applications, power transmission products, steel shapes and structures.
· Understand and be able to follow engineering department procedures including ECN, ECO, and BOM creation.
Volt is an equal opportunity employer