Rivi's is a dynamic, passionate wine bar and cafÃ© that is open Wednesday through Saturday with occasional early open on Saturdays as well as on Sundays for special events/parties. The ideal applicant will have a passion for providing high quality, delicious, appealing and eye-catching food, be able to work accurately and quickly in a fast paced kitchen, while maintaining a clean, organized and sanitary work space and be a team player in all aspects. 25-33+ hours per week.
Rivi's is specifically looking for someone who has:
* Exceptional Customer Service Skills.
* The desire to be part of a team with high standards, enthusiasm and is passionate about providing extraordinary service.
* Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
* Experience in food pairing with wine and beer.
* Experience creating signature dishes.
* The drive to learn and grow with us in our endeavor with the ability to interact with guests and coworkers in a mature and professional level, recognize customers' needs and be fully knowledgeable of your position.
* Stay upbeat at all times, this is the hospitality industry and the quality of your service equals return customers and reciprocal tipping.
See below for position description:
* Be a team player.
* Possess a positive, professional demeanor.
* Consistently prepare, cook and plate food in compliance with our preparation and standards.
* Portion food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
* Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
* Complete assigned "prep work" as needed.
* Stores and rotates stock in accordance to County Health codes.
* Clean, sanitize and organize work areas including kitchen equipment throughout the shift.
* Assists others in closing the kitchen. When assigned, close the kitchen properly and follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations.
* Perform other related duties as by manager-on-duty.
* Good leadership ability to take and give direction.
* 3+ years relevant experience
* Must have an understanding of safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures
* Experience handling kitchen equipment for food preparations
* Have a current ServSafe food handler cert or be able to obtain one prior to hire date
* Strong attention to detail.
* Must be able to communicate clearly with managers and kitchen personnel.
* Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
* Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
* Must be able to work afternoons (prep time), evenings and weekends
* Punctual and reliable attendance
* Must be able to multi-task and perform other duties as assigned.
* Complete opening and closing checklists.
* 3 appropriate references
If you are a high energy, customer-oriented individual who is passionate about food, want the opportunity to create pairings with wine and craft beer, and the hospitality business, please send us your resume (copied into the body of the email please, NO ATTACHMENTS). Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
(If you cannot meet our Requirements, do not apply)