This position will provide a full range of distributive, clinical, consultative, research, and / or administrative pharmaceutical services in a clinical setting.
Duties performed may include : select, compound, purchase, dispense, and / or preserve drugs, medicines, and other therapeutic agents;
serve as members and consultants on treatments or diagnostic teams; disseminate drug information to staff members and interested community groups, as appropriate;
participate in educational programs; may participate in hospital research projects or perform pharmaceutical research; and may supervise or administer pharmacy activities.
This position will primarily support the mission of the UCR School of Medicine and UCR Health by collaborating with medical staff to provide pharmaceutical oversight of a clinical trial.
Responsible for the investigational product (IP), participate in study related activities, comply with regulations, develop proper storage, and clinical trial / participant documentation and record-keeping.
Please note : This is a per diem position. Current time demand is 6 to 10 hours per week with plans for expansion and increased hours within the next year.
The position's primary work location will be in the inland empire working in the UCR Health Clinic. The hourly rate for this position is $71.72 / hour.
1) Graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy with Doctor of Pharmacy degree (pharmD).
2) Must have current unrestricted License for Registered Pharmacist issued by the California State Board of Pharmacy.
3) Experience as a licensed Pharmacist and ability to assume administrative responsibilities for the Pharmacy.
4) Familiar with learning, understanding, reading, and implementing study protocol. Must be able to compound IV / IM / SC medications and perform all technician duties as required to dispense IP per protocol.
5) Ability to perform pharmaceutical calculations.
6) Ability to work in a fast pace environment
7) Must be detail oriented.
1) Two years of experience as a licensed Pharmacist and ability to assume administrative responsibilities for the Pharmacy.
Experience in an inpatient, academic or research environment is highly desired.