Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG's Technology Consulting practice offers a full spectrum of quality Information Technology (IT) services to help state and local government agencies at every stage of the IT life cycle. Through its specialized IT services, PCG's Technology Consulting team finds cost-effective ways to help agency partners deliver successful IT systems that enhance the lives of the user base. To learn more, visit https://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/technology-consulting/
Consultant is responsible for successfully implementing projects that meet financial, schedule, quality and customer satisfaction objectives The Consultant provides oversight and direction for scope, schedule, financial, quality, resource, communications, risk, procurement, stakeholder management activities.
• Demonstrated understanding of project management methodologies, tools and techniques
• Conduct Medicaid System Assessments • Lead and coordinate large projects or multiple smaller projects • Ensure planned results are achieved on time • Work with clients, vendors, team members to establish and achieve project goals • Addresses problems through risk management and contingency planning and presents solutions/options to management • Plan, organize, execute, and monitor and control project activities • Ensures project activities adhere to contract requirements/commitments • Performs project assessments and reports project progress • Facilitate meetings and present project information • Maintains project plans and schedules • Identifies, documents, resolves and/or escalates issues to appropriate levels
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent university degree • 5+ years experience performing project oversight and assessment for a large enterprise grade information technology initiative • 5+ years experience performing full development lifecycle (i.e. SDLC) assessments for a large-scale MMIS initiative.
• 5+ years experience performing performance metrics measurements and reporting to management and executive level staff.
• Proven track record of success in project management roles in delivering projects successfully • Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills • Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders • Ability to lead/manage others in a matrixed environment • Experience in the healthcare industry - public or private • Specific experience with public social services systems and programs • Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project) and project management tools
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.