Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role:
Apprenticeships provide a unique opportunity to learn on the job. A Twitch apprenticeship goes even further, giving you one month of project-based training in advance of the six-month apprenticeship. Our training introduces you to the primary technologies, languages, and design patterns you'll use on the job, all while emphasizing team collaboration and agile development. You'll be ready to get started on your first day with your new team. You will be directly hired by Twitch as an apprentice, with the opportunity to be offered full-time employment at the end of the apprenticeship period.
• Contribute to Twitch's application feature development, product design, and implementation discussions.
• Find and build unique solutions to implement projects from the idea phase to production.
• Test and iterate code before and after production release.
• Leverage your insights, ideas, and perspectives by participating in technical and architectural design and research discussions.
• Learn and grow as a fullstack engineer by using methodologies and best practices such as unit/integration testing, refactoring, and code reviews.
Novice knowledge with: Go, REST APIs, GraphQL APIs, Git and GitHub, Design patterns and AWS
Intermediate knowledge in: React, Typescript, Object-oriented programming
Eager to Learn
Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
Maternity & Parental Leave
Amazon Employee Discount
Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records