QR Code Link to This Post
For well over a century, PMSM/19six Architects has been dedicated to projects that enrich the community. Originally founded in Santa Barbara in 1906 our firm is rooted in serving clients within the K-12, Community College, Healthcare, Performing Arts, and Civic markets. PMSM/19six Architects offers a diverse and collaborative environment with passionate and innovative professionals. We invest in our staff and provide opportunities for professional and personal development.
PMSM/19six Architects is seeking a highly motivated K-12 Market Sector Leader (MSL) to join our K-12 Market.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The K-12 Market Sector Leader position will be grounded on promoting new business development and act as an effective liaison for the K-12 market. As the Market Sector Leader, you will be working under the Principal-In-Charge to strategically develop and execute PMSM/19sixâs K-12 market sector business development plan.
- Relationship Cultivator
- Team Leader
- Clear & Effective Communicator
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains and fosters positive, professional relationship with clients, consultants, public agencies, contractors and industry sources to ensure successful completion of the project and attract future business.
2. Develop and execute the business development plan for the K-12 Market Sector.
3. Lead new business development activities in collaboration with the Principal-In-Charge and other MSLs including introductory client meetings, responses to RFPs, RFQs, SOQs, and attending project interviews.
4. Participate in the companyâs annual strategic planning session.
5. Assign projects and tasks to dedicated market sector staff and shared staff.
6. Provides monthly updates on status of new business development and outstanding fee proposals to Principal-In-Charge.
7. Responsible for the development, approval and execution of project management plans for projects within market sector.
8. Solicit and negotiate consultantâs services and fees.
9. Responsible for development, approval and execution of project contracts.
10. Responsible for the financial performance within the assigned market sector.
11. Responsible for ensuring that PMSM/19six Architects quality control standards are met on all deliverables (i.e. plans and specifications).
12. Participate in performance reviews with dedicated market sector staff and selected shared staff.
13. Participate in K-12 organizations, attend conferences and other industry gatherings.
14. Present and or lead interoffice presentations and meetings.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Licensed Architect
2. 10+ years of experience in K-12 design and construction and leading new business development.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of all disciplines.
4. Strategic understanding of local region, market segment and/or disciplines of focus.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of the value and benefit of integrated design.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of the importance and benefit of sustainable design.
7. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
8. Demonstrated ability to communicate and command respect.
9. Demonstrated ability to guide and motivate personnel.
10. Proven managerial ability to perform the responsibilities indicated.
11. Demonstrated experience in processing public education projects through DSA, CDE, OPSC, DTSC.
We are proud to reside here on Californiaâs Central Coast and provide our employees with meaningful work while living a great life.
Benefits of being a PMSM/19six Employee
- Medical, Dental, & Vision â 100% Employee Premiums
- Life, AD&D, and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Project Sharing Plan
- 10 Days Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health & Wellness Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Payment of Professional Licensing/Registration/Certification fees, as well as 50% of Annual National, State and Local Professional Organization Dues
- LEED Licensing Benefit
- Performance Based Bonuses
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan
- Flexible Office Hours, Including Option 9/80 Schedule
- and lots of collaborative fun!
Join our team, community, and atmosphere!