Our thriving, highly respected San Francisco construction/design firm has an opening for a motivated foreman / site superintendent. This is an exciting position with growth opportunities. The firm specializes in high quality, detail-oriented residential renovations and restoration projects in the Bay Area, and has earned a reputation for excellence in creating some of the most prestigious and exquisite homes in the community.
The Project Superintendent responsible for managing all site production aspects of construction jobs, to ensure that performance is at the highest level of quality, efficiency, customer satisfaction, safety, and profitability. He/She is also expected to lead and coach the on-site construction team members to ensure that they are equipped, trained, and focused on turning every customer contact into future business, compliments, and referrals with a customer satisfaction level of 100%.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
1. Directs and supports crews on work being performed by offering assistance with instructions and materials.
2. Assists with the recording of employee hours on time sheets for job tracking purposes and maintains accurate records for billing purposes.
3. Provides training and direct supervision of personnel to enhance safety and quality of work.
4. Assures work performed outside of agreed upon scope (Change Order is signed) is approved prior to completing the work.
5. Maintain a clean job site at all times.
6. Adhere to safety standards, provide any protective equipment as needed, and hold safety meetings bi-weekly.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Assigns and supervises all activity performed by persons placed under direction.
2. Enforces company policies and rules in verbal and written form as needed.
-10 years carpentry experience in residential construction
-Prior experience as lead carpenter.
-Knowledge of principles of construction project management,
-Knowledge of permitting procedures
-Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
-Basic computer skills.
-Associate college degree