Compensation: commensurate with experience
Job will remain open until filled or an adequate applicant pool is identified.
The applicant selection process will begin on January 28th.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early.
Performs all phases of maintenance and repair on buildings, equipment and fixtures. Makes recommendations for repair, replacement, alteration or improvement of properties. Participates in conducting annual inspections of properties, including condition assessments and identifying repairs. Responds to emergency repair requests after hours and on weekends. This position may be required to reside on-site in a rent free apartment; applicants should indicate their willingness to reside on-site in the cover letter.
The ideal candidate will be committed to the mission of affordable housing; possess strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; be detail oriented and thrive in a high paced environment.
Additional Functions, Employment Standards and Requirements are detailed in the Job Description.
HASLO provides a generous benefits package, including:
- A choice of three health insurance plans including a wellness incentive. Two plans with employee coverage fully paid by the Authority. Dependent coverage is paid by the employee via pre-tax payroll deductions.
- Dental, Vision, Life, LTD and ADD plans with employee coverage fully paid by the Authority. Dependent coverage is paid by the employee via pre-tax payroll deductions.
- Membership in CalPERS retirement program.
- 457 deferred compensation.
- Paid Time Off per year: 15 days of vacation to start (increase as years of service increase, up to 25 days per year); 10 paid sick days; 3 floating holidays; 9 paid holidays.
- A 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off.
(Benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice.)
Application Instructions, Job Description and the HASLO Employment Application are available on our website http://www.haslo.org/career-opportunities/ as well as at the HASLO office located at 487 Leff Street, San Luis Obispo. Only applicants who follow all of the instructions detailed on the Application Instructions & Selection Process will be considered for an interview.