Volt is seeking a Mold Maker for Santa Ana, CA.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity with great Benefits.
The Mold Designer position uses appropriate equipment such as surface grinder, lathes, milling machines, CNC, wire EDM, GRINDERS, and other equipment to create and make tooling to match part drawings. Uses standard bench practices to determine repair needs for Injection Molding (IM) molds, including predictive maintenance. Additional responsibilities may include general cleaning, welding, spotting and polishing.
• Read blueprints and use necessary measuring devices to make, or modify existing tooling, tools for new or old job prints.
• Make sure tools are sharpened and tool holders in good working condition before being placed back on shelf or in tool drawers. Repair or requisition replacement parts, tooling or hardware as needed to maintain adequate stock.
• Review open work order for repair; upon completion of repair, update and close work order.
• Set up and operate all tool room machines for specific form tool, tap, drills, or holder for grinding.
• Make any necessary repairs to in-house tools.
• In coordination with IM Engineer, will repair broken slides, cores, cavities and vents as required using a standard bench practice.
• Carry out tooling maintenance.
• Will re-work tooling issues such as worn edges, dings, scuffs, and scratches.
• Polish cores as required using proven bench practices.
• Perform welding or grinding activities to meet specified tolerance(s)
• Will implement proper application and maintenance of vents, including assemble/disassemble, documented measurements and inspections.
• Inspect new molds, including breakdown, confirming measurements and identification of required parts for inventory.
• Complete all forms and paperwork as required to maintain proper record of completed work.
• Maintain record of spare parts inventory ensuring availability of required parts as needed.
• Make up set up carts, for any machine upon request providing print is given out in sufficient time to prepare said carts. Use tools that are safe and in good repair.
• Maintain proper housekeeping and safety standards i.e., proper use of personal protective equipment.
• Participate in department/shift/team meetings.
• Perform other duties as requested by the Tool Room Manager.
Required Education and Experience
1. 5+ years of experience in tool maker position in manufacturing with proven ability to deliver desired results.
2. Knowledge of ISO standards.
3. Must have GD&T skills.
4. Must have strong interpersonal skills with ability to motivate employees.
5. Strong technical, business, and organizational skills.
6. Able to plan and organize daily activities, analyze data and react to changes and challenges in the business.
7. Ability to communicate and present effectively in both written and oral form required.
8. Must be proficient in MS Office.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer