The Assistant Store Manager has the overall responsibility of assisting the Store Manager oversee the retail sales department, the image processing department, and the rental department. The primary responsibility is to have a consistent presence on the sales floor for the purpose of ensuring extraordinary customer service; ensuring that quality products are available to offer, knowledgeable and productive personnel are on the sales floor, and effective merchandising is maintained, all in a cost-effective manner. The Assistant Manager acts as the Store Manager in their absence.
Assist the Store Manager in the effort to determine appropriate priorities and course of actions to accomplish the goals of the Company and the store. Fulfills the Store Manager role when the Store Manager is off-duty or absent. Work with the Store Manager to develop performance objectives and measurement criteria for employees within identified management scope.Develop and communicate effectively to assure an understanding of all duties. Ensure and maintain proper levels of trained personnel in all areas at all times. Develop (coach) and maintain trained personnel: Ensure that the entire staff has thorough technical product knowledge on the products that the Company sells and provides extraordinary customer service at all times keeping with the Company's guidelines. Advise Store Manager of training needs necessary. Provide a motivating work environment and lead with a high degree of professionalism, morals and ethics. Manage to a goal of zero losses; enforcing internal security policies. Maintain a clean, well-merchandised, well-stocked, safe and organized store at all times. Assist customers, address concerns, and problem solve in the best interest of the Company while maintaining customer loyalty. Maintain accurate documentation of all departmental transactions. Process and approve voided transactions, issue credits and refunds within established guidelines. Assist in merchandising the store for clean product presentation and display. Report to Store Manager on status of operations. Any other duties assigned.
Reports to the Store Manager and District Manager
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
- Associate Degree in business, photography or related area preferred.
- Trained in Hiring and Employment Laws, supervisory technical training.
- Six months of supervisory experience preferred.
- Retail job experience in a related environment, minimum of one year.
- Extensive photographic product and service knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to interact well with upper management, peers, subordinates and customers.
- Effective and efficient decision making skills.
- Excellent reading, writing, math and computer (including Microsoft Word and Excel) skills.
- Able to stand for long periods of time and work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Must be physically capable of moving, lifting, pulling or pushing 25 lbs. several times a day
Mike's Camera, Inc. offers several medical, dental, vision, life and participation in our 401k plan once eligibility requirements have been met. Compensation is based upon education, salary history, and experience. Qualified applicants must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship. Mike's Camera, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.