Responsible for cleaning building in accordance with Feeding America's regulations. Reports to the Director of Operations.
It is anticipated this position will be an average of 25 hours per week:
Monday through Thursday - 1:00PM to 6:00PM
Fridays - 12:00PM to 5:00PM
1. Empty, clean all waste receptacles and remove waste paper/rubbish from the premises to designated area; damp wipe receptacles as necessary.
2. Vacuum/sweep/dust mop floors and all rugs and carpeted areas in offices, cubicles, lobbies, corridors and entrances.
3. Dust and wipe clean all furniture, fixtures, paneling, windowsills and all other hardtop surfaces.
4. Damp wipe and polish all glass furniture tops, as well as removing all finger prints and other markings on all vertical and horizontal surfaces.
5. Wash, clean and disinfect: water coolers, sinks and countertops.
6. Clean and disinfect all restrooms: sinks, toilets, countertops, floors, mirrors, etc.
7. Replace bathroom supplies and maintain ample inventory.
8. Sweep all stairways (vacuum if carpeted).
9. Dust the exterior surfaces of lighting fixtures, including glass and plastic enclosures.
10. Clean and polish all metal hardware fixtures and other bright work.
11. Clean entrance door glass inside and outside.
12. Keep custodian closets/rooms in a clean, neat, and orderly condition, while ensuring all supplies are adequately maintained as necessary.
13. Assist in maintaining a safe environment and if needed clean product spills.
14. Scrubbing, waxing and polishing of hard floor surfaces may be required.
15. Perform other related duties as assigned by the Operations Director including periodic evening/weekend duties.
-Ability to lift 60 pounds, bend, stoop, climb and reach.
-Custodial/janitorial experience required.
-Ability to follow Feeding America's requirements.
-Ability to be flexible in fulfilling needs that are repetitious.
-Ability to follow through with assigned tasks and show initiative in performing duties.
-High School diploma or GED required.
-Must have reliable transportation.
-Must be able to contribute to a positive work environment with commitment to social justice.