QR Code Link to This Post
Seeking natural storytellers who enjoy working with the general public. We provide training and you add a personal touch to create a fun, entertaining experience.
Tours are on bicycles (4-7 miles at an easy pace, bike provided as needed) and by Segway (training provided).
Our tour guides safely lead small groups for up to 3 hours at a time on and around the National Mall in Washington, DC. Guides also assist in tour preparation and engage with tour participants to offer city-wide recommendations.
- Mid-May/Memorial Day through late August, employment may be extended into the fall as desired.
- Seeking candidates with weekday availability, approximately 24-30 hours per week + at least one weekend shift.
- Evening and Weekend-ONLY shifts also available.
- Guides can expect to be trained and ready to independently lead tours by June 11th or earlier.
- Please make sure to note your availability and desired start date on your application.
Our ideal applicants will:
-Have experience as a tour guide/performer -OR- Have solid experience in customer service/retail
-Know a bit about Washington, DC
-Be comfortable speaking to groups (and sometimes crowds)
-Be able to work independently and make solid, sound decisions
-Have a calm, professional demeanor, with an ability to adapt in stressful situations
-Be punctual and reliable
Please apply soon, applications for full-time employment will be accepted until May 10th.
Applicants should be at least 18 years of age and have at least one year of college experience.
Rate: hourly PLUS Tips