Full-time and Part-Time Positions Available
We are looking for professional service staff to deliver our home-grown style of hospitality. If you are a hospitality professional that possesses the following traits, we want to meet you:
- Previous experience in casual to fine-dining settings
- A passion for food, beverage (especially beer!), and knowledge
- The ability to multitask while demonstrating grace under pressure
- The ability to anticipate and exceed varying guests needs
- A positive, upbeat attitude and the desire to provide excellent hospitality
- Focus and direction to thrive in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment
- A team-player mentality
- Learning about and educating guests on our extensive food, craft beer, wine, and liquor program
- Learning about and educating guests on how to properly pair food with beverage
- Precise order taking and correctly sending information to the kitchen
- Constant communication with management, kitchen, bar, and fellow floor staff regarding guest likes, dislikes, needs, potential issues, etc.
- Providing guests with a true dining experience rather than a just another meal
- Desire to be part of an environment foundered on growth, education, and development
- Open availability, to fully invest yourself in the development of an exciting new concept, and be invested in as well
Located in the vibrant Georgetown neighborhood of Washington, D.C., The Sovereign features 50 drafts and more than 300 bottles meticulously curated by Beer Director Greg Engert. From Trappist Monastic producers whose brewing history dates back hundreds of years to an up-and-coming new generation of Belgian brewers, as well as international and domestic producers of exceptional Belgian-style ales, The Sovereign will offer an expansive breadth of selections that illuminate the flavor-driven, craft-brewed complexity that is the trademark of the best Belgian beers.
Just as The Sovereign champions brewers who use simple, true recipes and let technique and patience yield complex flavors, so too does our culinary team. Executive Chef Peter Smith focuses on rustic, ingredient-driven Belgian dishes, while also drawing on French, German and Dutch cooking traditions. Dutch-style mussels, braises and stews such as Lapin a la Kriek (Rabbit braised in Cherry Beer), Flammkuchen and Tartes FlambÃ© and other classic regional dishes serve as the core of Smiths seasonally changing menu.
TO APPLY, please reply via email with your resume file attached (pdf, docx, or doc) and cover letter in the body of the email. Please do not copy and paste resume.