The Associate Product Manager role will contribute to the development and implementation of new products and capabilities that meet the Brand's digital requirements. Accountable for successful development, integration and launch of new products and solutions. The Associate Product Manager will work with senior product leaders to develop and maintain a vision for the product and is responsible for communicating that vision to the technical and operations teams, as well providing the key stakeholders with updated status and progress.
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
• Work with product leaders, development teams and technical leads to determine scope and priorities for product development cycles.
• Work with development and operational teams to ensure that they understand the vision for the product.
• Develop appropriately detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams.
• Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency.
• Act as an ambassador for the product internally and as the primary contact for queries related to the product.
• Ensure both quality and functional goals are met with each sprint.
• Deliver key messages to stakeholders on product deploys and escalate issues accordingly.
• Work with product marketing on product and launch materials for new and refreshed products.
• Work with QA and analyze data and test results to ensure integrity is maintained throughout program lifecycle and ensure market and business needs are satisfied.
• Interpret and adhere to standard legal, compliance, and business rules during program design and development.
• The role will involve hands on work in terms of writing functional stories, acceptance criteria, testing and analysis and will follow Agile ceremonies (Release Planning, Sprint planning/ Retro / Review, etc.) and principles throughout the product development phases.
• Takes the initiative to keep both own skills up to date and to maintain an awareness of developments in the IT industry.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related fields.
• 2-4 years experience in Product Management or related field
• Experience working in an Agile development environment and managing iteration-level deliverables.
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
• Oral and/or written communication skills
• Presentation skills
• Track record of successful delivery of medium to large scale software development projects to production.
• Ability to Influence leadership
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or