A client of ours in Upland Indiana is looking to bring on a fulltime IT manager that will focus on the IT Infrastructure and Security of the company. Overall, this person should have a good understanding of network hardware and software as it relates to configuring network switches, routers, and firewalls; as well as come from a background in IT Security. Someone who has exposure to both the network and the server side as it relates to security would be a great fit here!
• Work to evaluate security incidents and determine proper response.
• Act to prevent disaster situations by ensuring proper protection/process is in place for firewalls, prevention systems, network hardware, etc
• Responsible for day-to-day operations of Information Technology.
• Ensure that sufficient resources are available by balancing IT project budget so that projects are completed on time and on budget.
• Recommend expansion and upgrades of existing environment based on capacity.
• Engineer and configure network infrastructure including but not limited to servers, switches, routers, gateways, firewalls, content switches, load balancers, etc.
• Network scaling (strategic planning).
• Disaster recovery plans would be a focus of this role.