Small company, BIG opportunities! Hawkins is a trusted and well-known leader in the chemical industry, and you can grow and develop a career at Hawkins. In this role you can join our Water Treatment division as a Technical Route Sales Representative in a delivery, service, sales, and support role.
Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender, and distributor for thousands of industrial chemicals and laboratory chemicals sold to municipalities and businesses throughout the Central United States. Thousands of organizations across a variety of industries have depended on Hawkins for the chemical products they need since 1938.
Our Water Treatment division services a wide range of clients: municipal water and wastewater treatment systems, commercial swimming pools, industrial process and wastewater facilities, food manufacturers, agricultural growers, and the oil and gas industry. This is our fastest growing division and we look to continue to provide excellent support to our customers and expand our territory. We utilize a route/salesperson approach in supplying products and equipment to our customers, and our Technical Sales Representatives are trained to handle on-the-spot service on equipment and find system solutions.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Technical Route Sales Representative position combines sales, customer service, delivery and travel throughout the region. Our branch teams are small, efficient and flexible. Each member of our team must be a strong team contributor and help us meet our objectives of customer satisfaction, sales and safety.
* Call on existing and new customers to maintain and grow business through selling, problem-solving and support.
* Develop and grow territory within a regional market.
* Establish productive, professional relationships with new and existing customers.
* Efficiently and safely deliver products to customers with a company truck.
* Provide "hands-on" service of Hawkins' and customer's equipment which may include repair to chemical feed equipment and visually inspecting systems.
* Contribute to the overall effectiveness and responsibilities of the branch team.
* Learn warehouse and route sales functions.
* Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision.
* Quick learner who will soak up on-the-job training.
* Strong problem-solving, decision-making and prioritization skills.
* Strong communication skills.
* Ability to obtain a Class B Commercial Driver's License with Hazardous materials endorsement.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Ability to regularly work 10-12 hour shifts.
* Ability to regularly travel/drive a territory/route.
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. regularly and 75 lbs. occasionally.
* Ability to safely operate a forklift.
* Able to perform manual dexterity tasks.
* Ability to pass DOT physical and pre-employment drug screening.
* Ability to follow and meet all safety standards and requirements.
Work for the best! Hawkins offers a competitive compensation and benefit package and is an award-winning employer and organization!
All resumes/applications must be submitted online at http://www.hawkinsinc.com/careers
Hawkins, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Hawkins, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace Employer