Robert Half Technology is looking for Help Desk Analysts like you to join our team! You'll be right for this position if you have a can-do attitude and are looking to be part of a highly motivated team. If you can represent the Service Desk by liaising with 2nd and 3rd level teams to help transition new and changing services, this Service Desk Analyst job might be for you. Your duties might include creating knowledge articles and arranging training for other Service Desk Analysts when needed. This job requires you to handle complex end-user support issues and provide support to team members by focusing and restoring service to the end users. We also need the chosen candidate for the Help Desk Analyst position to know how the role relates to IT projects and IT Service Management initiatives. It is also required for this position to understand Incident, Problem, Change Management and other processes. It is also important for you to understand how these processes work together to provide superior support and high availability of our business. As an Analyst, you may be asked to cover alternative shifts when needed. Apply for this position today if you think you are a self-confident, motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills who enjoys a fast-paced, team-driven environment. This is a long-term temporary opportunity. This Help Desk Analyst II role will be located in the Des Moines, Iowa area and will be a long-term temporary position.
What you get to do every day
- Understand and utilize ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, etc.) and how they are used in a corporate environment
- Understand concepts related to networks, servers, PCs, databases, proprietary systems, etc.
- Meet and exceed SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards
- Provide guidance to Tier 1 support and team members
- Maintain hardware and peripherals: Responsible for upgrading and replacing computer parts; handle documentation and asset inventory
- The most important thing about this job is to facilitate user account management. This includes handling onboarding, change and departure processes
- Troubleshoot end user issues: Provide root-cause analysis on various web and mobile applications; handle escalated tickets relating to server/network related issues
- Interested candidates should be able to analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction
- Citrix MetaFrame - Integrated experience desired
- Knowledge of Vmware Technologies
- Proficiency in Network Cabling
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to multitask, collaborate and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written, verbal and social communication skills
- You will be among the top candidates for the job if you have ITIL certification
- One or more programming or scripting language skills required
- 3+ years' of experience supporting desktop/server operating systems and technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, Exchange and VMware
- A combination of superior customer service skills and technical aptitude
- Applicants with technical skills to serve as escalation point for handling incidents and service requests related to application, operating system and other service related problems will be preferred
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities.
Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches you with jobs.
When you work with us, you're working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies" every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes' inaugural list of America's Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.