Program Engineer (Orange City)

Program Engineer (Orange City)

01 Jun 2019

Program Engineer (Orange City)

Manufacturing or Program EngineerThis aerospace client in Orange City, Iowa is seeking a Manufacturing or Program Engineer for a full-time direct opportunity. The company is a contract component manufacturer & developer, offering a full line of services from design, analysis, prototyping & production of advanced composite structures. Responsible for new product development and induction of complex composite parts.The position includes coordination with engineering manager, program manager, customer, design, manufacturing, NC programming, manufacturing engineers, process engineers, industrial engineers, procurement, planning and other support procurement organizations until the full realization of the product cycle is realized.Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:The manufacturing or program engineer technical focal for new assigned products and liaison representative to program management, customer and upper management.Provides feedback to management of program risks and opportunities.Individual develops solutions to wide range of complex problems which require ingenuity and innovation.Capable of developing plans and strategy in support of new products, including development and tracking of schedule, action items, industrialization and plans.This includes logistics plan of tooling, jigs, vacuum fixtures, shop aids, inspection fixtures, NC programming, process qualifications, work instructions, BOM and methods.Full understanding of manufacturing process and activities related to the implementation of complex composite parts.Identifies new manufacturing processes, methods and equipment required to meet the product specifications and quality standards. Provides feedback to manufacturing engineers of specific product requirements.Responsible to validating manufacturing efficiency meets or exceed the RFQ cost and productivity targets.Develops process controls required to ensure quality standards are met. Including preparing program reports.Capable of evaluating and/or developing product flow, assembly methods andExperience in Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen Events and capable of running a cross functional meeting.Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules and estimating future requirements.Coordinates and tracks new equipment logistics and installation.Specific Job Skills: Technical Capacity. Problem Solving/Analysis. Performance Management. Strong organizational and leadership skills. Read and comprehend drawings and specifications. Skilled in MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, project Epicor experience or equivalent ERP system Proficient in Inventor, Pro-e, Solid Works, or other 3-Dimensional CAD system.Supervisory Responsibility:This job has coordination responsibilities.Education and/or Experience:Bachelor?s Degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 8+ years.Non-degree applicants 15+ years? minimum experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified in this job description.Supervisory Responsibility: NoneJob Conditions: 75%+ of the shift on the floor working with product and equipment while the remaining 25% or less in a desk environmentVolt is an Equal Opportunity Employer

Related jobs

  • Design Engineer Location: Manchester Iowa area $68,000 - $75,000 / year + full benefits package Direct Hire A local Northeast Iowa based manufacture is seeking an Design Engineer who will provide leadership to a team responsible for designing mec

  • Engineer/Manager

    , Waterloo / cedar falls,

    Job Description: Site Manager / Engineer Job Summary: This position is the primary company-customer contact located in Waterloo, Iowa. The site manager is responsible for all inventory management, engineering, customer service, and supplier initiat

  • Volt is looking for a Instrumentation Engineer to work on-site with our customer John Deere in Waterloo, IA on contingent assignment forecasted for 2 years . I n this assignment the employee will be responsible for supporting test data acquisition (D

  • Senior or Mechanical Engineer This aerospace client in Orange City, Iowa is seeking a Senior or Mechanical Engineer for a full-time direct opportunity. The company is a contract component manufacturer & developer, offering a full line of services

Job Details

Jocancy Online Job Portal.