Job Title: Aquatics Director FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Code: 101 Job Grade: Level 5
Reports to: CEO or Branch Executive Director Revision Date: April 18, 2019
Oversees the total operation of YMCA Aquatic facilities on Fort Rucker, Fort Riley, and Fort Bragg including maintenance, program development, staff development and community relations. Manages Association outreach contracts to expand service reach in the community. Develops, organizes and implements high quality, member-focused YMCA aquatic programs.
1. Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
2. Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
3. Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
4. Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Secures and schedules pool facilities. Maintains accurate records of pool chemical levels and facility maintenance.
5. Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR trainings.
6. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
7. Develops and monitors program budgets to meet fiscal objectives.
8. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to
all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
9. Additional duties may apply based on expertise and personal strengths.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with
a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships
to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent education and experience.
2. One to two years related experience preferred; for example, as an aquatics coordinator or supervisor.
3. Able to travel for training purposes and/or seasonal opportunities.
4. Minimum age of 21, must have valid drivers license.
5. Within 30 days of hire completion of: Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff; Lifeguard Instructor; Water Safety Instructor Trainer; USA Swim Coach; YMCA Swim Coach; CPO; CPR; First Aid; AED; Blood-borne Pathogens.
6. Completion of YMCA program-specific and trainer certifications as directed.
7. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
$32,000 annually D.O.E. to start. Paid medical, dental, vision after 90 days of hire. Paid vacation and sick leave. Retirement contribution after two years of service or upon meeting YERDI eligibility requirements. Paid YMCA continuing education/ professional development course opportunities.
Fort Rucker, Fort Riley, Fort Bragg, Fayetteville area
Submit cover letter, resume and YMCA job application to: