Do you love stories of history and mystery? Would you like to share these stories with others? If the answer is "yes" then you already meet the primary job requirements for a Red Cloak Tour Guide.
Of course, we'll provide you with well researched information, your walking tour route, and other support, including booking the guests for your tours. All you have to do is lead the tour, and tell the stories we've provided you with.
Moreover, most of the tours only require about two-hours of your time, so your commitment as a Red Cloak Tour Guide won't interfere with other activities, whether it's a full-time job, time with your family, or just some time off.
We've structured our system so these two-hour walking tours will be time well invested for you. So, let's talk about how doing something you love for two-hours a day can also pay off with some income you'll enjoy.
Red Cloak Tours conducts many types of walking tours in the Maine, but we are currently looking for a daytime guide in Boothbay Harbor. This tour will be an afternoon (4pm) Maritime History Tour that will run from May through October. Please contact us at 207-380-3806 for more information.
- Guiding Red Cloak Tours walking through village streets.
- Ensuring that the tours follow the script issued to you.
- Ensuring that tour guests have a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely in front of groups of up to 20 people (portable public address system provided).
- Ability to arrive for tours on a timely basis.
- Ability to communicate with management in an accurate and timely basis via cell phone or text.
- Reliable transportation to and from tour sites.
- Must able to walk comfortably including some steps, curbs, and inclines.
Red Cloak Haunted History Tours was started by Sally Lobkowicz in 2007 with one walk route during Halloween. It has grown to become the largest walking tour business in Maine, with twilight walks in 8 midcoast villages, boat tours, cemetery tours, and cruise ship shore excursions. Pay is hourly plus commission.
The company remains under the leadership of Sally Lobkowicz and continues to grow.