The Database Administrator Specialist (Senior) shall perform the following tasks: A. Define file organization, indexing methods, and security procedures for database and
B. Develop, implement, and maintain database back-up and recovery procedures for the
processing environments, and ensure data integrity, security, and recoverability.
C. Install, manage, monitor, tune, and patch Oracle 12c databases and associated Oracle
12c products and applications.
D. Implement, manage, and update Oracle Grid Control 12c.
E. Monitor all servers and application environments for operation and security.
F. Assist in the design, installation, and configuration of new and existing servers and
their operating environments.
G. Assist in the definition of best data center practices for the Oracle environment.
H. Provide weekly status reports which include, but are not limited to:
i. Tasks Completed
ii. Tasks Planned
I. Perform other duties related to client database administration as assigned by the
Contract Manager. Mandatory Skills Duties: Must be capable of providing highly technical expertise and support in the use of DBMS. Must be
able to evaluate and recommend available DBMS products to support validated user requirements. Defines
file organization, indexing methods, and security procedures for specific user applications. Develops,
implements, and maintains database back-up and recovery procedures for the processing environments, and
ensures that data integrity, security, and recoverability are built into the DBMS applications.
Education: A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer
Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline or
three (3) years of equivalent experience in a related field.
General Experience: Must have six (6) years of experience in DBMS systems analysis and programming.
Specialized Experience: At least three (3) years of experience in using current DBMS technologies,
application design utilizing various database management systems and experience with DBMS internals. Prefered Skills Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, or related field, required.
1. Five (5) years of experience installing, upgrading, and migrating Oracle 12c
Business Intelligence and Oracle Security Suite.
2. Five (5) years of experience reading Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD),
dimensional models, and translating into table structures, keys, and indexes.
3. Five (5) years of experience reading and writing SQL and PL/SQL code.
4. Five (5) years of experience using Enterprise Manager to monitor system
5. Five (5) years of experience writing batch programs using the alerts and scheduler
features to create automatic monitoring and management processes.
6. Five (5) years of experience opening, closing, copying, importing and exporting
SQL in Oracle databases.
7. Five (5) years of experience identifying and tuning both operating systems and
Oracle Database Systems.
8. Five (5) years of experience with database backup and recovery.
9. Five (5) years of experience setting up and performing snapshots and replication.
10. Five (5) years of experience setting up and managing Oracle Real Application
11. Five (5) years of experience managing and monitoring application output logs.
12. Five (5) years of experience with Oracle support filing technical assistance
requests or service requests