Indigo Dog Training is a professional dog training company serving the Washington, DC area based out of Brandywine, MD. Are you currently working with dogs but not making enough money or have limited growth? We are seeking a both a full-time dog trainer as well as a part-time pet caretaker to help us grow!
The full-time position includes shifts from 7AM-3PM and/or 2PM-10PM, five days a week, including weekends/holidays. Please do not apply for the full time position if you are unavailable for any of those timeframes or don't have flexibility to work weekends or holidays.
For the part-time position, we are particularly looking for someone who is available in the evenings from 6PM-10PM (or 4PM-10PM), 3-5 days per week.
We're looking for qualified individuals that have either spent a significant amount of time in the dog industry or have experience working with other animals such as horses. Applicants with dog handling experience is preferred, however there is some allowance to learn on the job and through continuing education seminars and conferences.
For the Dog Training Assistant position, we are searching for individuals interested in a long-term dog training career with us and would like to eventually get promoted to a Head Trainer that will be in close contact with clients, giving private lessons, overseeing group classes, and directing our board and train programs.
For the Pet Caretaker position, we are searching for someone who will be comfortable feeding and exercising dogs, cleaning, driving our taxi service (picking dogs up and dropping them off), as well as taking care of some yard work.
Our ideal candidate:
- Comfortable with all sizes, breeds and temperaments of dogs
- Have knowledge of canine learning theory
- Flexible work schedule to include weekends, holidays, mornings, and evenings
- Excellent customer service skills
- Comfortable working community events
- Excellent writing skills and computer skills
- Reliable transportation
- Access to smartphone
- Comfortable working in a balanced training environment that includes all four quadrants of operant conditioning. We use everything from treats, toys, praise, slip leashes, martingales, prongs, and e-collars. If you are not experienced with any of the equipment but are eager to learn, we will be happy to provide you with education on the proper way to use different training tools.
Starting salary will range from $12-15 hour depending on your education and experience with lots of opportunity for promotions/raises as well as vacation/sick pay based on how long you are with the company. Overtime pay is included for any work on a major holiday.
Please email your resume through the craigslist email. Inquiries without a resume will not be reviewed or responded to. No phone calls please.