VDart Inc is the leading global provider of digital solutions, products and talent management company providing digital technology solutions in Automotive, Manufacturing, Energy & Utilities and Healthcare Industries. Led by a strong global team located across 10 countries including USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, UK, Japan, Australia & India. We are currently accepting applications from staffing firms for our Preferred Partner Program, where we align niche staffing firms with specific verticals based on their strengths. To apply, please
Role : Lead Data Protection Analyst
Location : Remote
Data Loss Prevention, Data Protection, Data Governance & Data Classification are MUST SKILLS
This individual will help ensure data is protected throughout customer and will be part of growing team driving strategic programs in data protection, governance, cyber resiliency, risk reporting, and data life cycle monitoring activities. The person in this role will have a solid understanding of the Data Protection landscape, and reports into the Chief Privacy Officer, head of privacy and data protection.
The successful candidate will work with a focus on helping design and develop data protection capabilities, including developing strategy, policies and procedures, and implementation of data protection as a service. While not directly responsible for the operational aspects of data protection (such as administering the toolsets), you will manage relationships with stakeholders, both within and outside the function to deliver on the common goal of protecting confidential data at customer. While candidates in Cambridge, MA are preferred, remote candidates will be considered.
• Acts as subject matter expert on data protection capabilities from a process, policy and technology perspective, including data loss prevention; discovery and classification; data security governance; encryption; obfuscation; digital rights management; and data lifecycle management.
• Assist with the development, deployment and support of data protection solutions and processes. Help define and prioritize use cases based on risk analysis, and business and leadership feedback.
• Serve as subject matter expert in helping to evaluate Data Protection/Encryption related security solutions, review and assist in reviewing, documenting, and maintaining processes to support the data protection program.
• Work with security operations teams to translate program requirements into operational activities via monitoring and tool deployment. Use feedback from operational teams to help refine and sharpen data protection policies in those tools.
• Help ensure data encryption and obfuscation controls are correctly applied to systems and platforms housing sensitive and critical data. Identify and propose enhancements to existing masking and encryption technologies.
• Conduct data security assessments to assess and validate the security posture of the organization.
• Work with stakeholders across multiple teams in the implementation and ongoing activities related to data protection compliance. Educate data owners and key business stakeholders about data identification, secure handling, storage, and transfer of sensitive data. Support change management, communication and awareness of new protection services to employees, helping drive adoption and compliance, and providing on-going support for those services
• Act as data protection evangelist and establish strong relationships with business, technology and security functions within the organization. Partner with Global Privacy Office to ensure program considers regulatory and compliance requirements.
• Familiarity with governance and compliance, prior experience supporting and driving data protection programs.
• Hands on experience working with several of the following technologies as part of a comprehensive data protection program:
o Data Loss Prevention (DLP) technology
o Data Discovery, Retention and Destruction technologies
o Data Classification and Rights Management technology
o Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) technology
o Encryption technologies
o Data masking technologies
• Strong understanding of data-at-rest and data-in-transit encryption implementation methods, including database, application tokenization, masking, TLS and SSH.
• Knowledge of SOX, PCI DSS, and privacy regulations.
• Ability to strategically approach issues. Ability to be proactive, adept at working with cross-functional teams and stakeholder groups.
• Ability to synthesize complex information. Ability to apply creativity to problem solving and utilize advanced analytic skills and modeling capabilities to provide ongoing insight into the business and to make recommendations and decisions.
• Ability to drive root cause analysis, identify and develop remediation or mitigation plans as necessary.
• Familiarity with change management and deployment processes in large organizations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical partners (including senior leadership) with focus on informing, influencing, and relationship building.
• Ability to learn research and come up to speed quickly on new technology areas.
• Excellent people skills, a team player; strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
• Proven ability to communicate with people at all levels - from developers to the board of directors.
• Project management skills with the ability to keep multiple projects moving forward simultaneously.
• High level of personal integrity, with the ability to handle confidential and otherwise sensitive matters professionally and with the appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
• High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision.
We anticipate successful candidates will have:
• Minimum of bachelor's degree.
• 8-10 years of experience in data protection or a related discipline (for example, security, privacy, risk management).
• Experience working in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry preferred.
• Hold security certifications such as CISSP preferred.
Key Skills : Data Loss Prevention, Data Protection, Data Governance & Data Classification
Referral Program: Ask our recruiting team about how you can be a part of our referral program. If you refer a candidate with this background and if the candidate accepts the role our team pays a generous referral. We are keen on networking and establishing a long-term, mutually beneficial partnership with you.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Follow us on Twitter for the hottest positions: @VDartJobs
Follow us on Twitter: @vdartinc