Seeking skilled Medical Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clinical tasks under the direction of Primary Care Director. Candidates should be highly motivated, reliable, and personable.
LETTER OF INTEREST AND RESUME REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION. QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL RECEIVE REPLY.
MA will perform various office and clinical duties to keep private residential treatment Medical department running efficiently. Our Medical Assistant will work directly with medical staff (Primary Care Director/NP, RNs, Psychiatric Director) to collect test samples, maintain client records, explain common medical procedures to clients, and assist in basic examinations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Update and maintain all client records on paper and in EMR
- Record client information such as vital signs, weight, and changes in medical history as indicated
- Clean and prepare examination rooms prior to client appointments
- Assist nursing staff and Medical Administrative Assistant in maintaining medication and medical inventory and placing orders for new materials as needed
- Perform various point of care CLIA-waived lab tests
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or GED Required (Associate degree in a medical field preferred)
- 2+ years of experience working for a healthcare practice or hospital, preferably in primary care
- Basic Life Support CPR required
- Phlebotomy skills a plus
- Strong customer service skills
- Compassionate and caring bedside manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and able to work independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire and ability to be collaborative team player
- High level of professionalism
- Computer proficient and able to utilize new electronic systems/EMR
- - -
CMC:Berkshires is a unique residential treatment program developed by leading clinical experts in the addiction treatment field. Patient population is typically high functioning, with substance use disorders and co-occurring psychiatric disorders, most commonly anxiety and depressive disorders, and PTSD. CMCB is dedicated to the use of evidence-based treatments (MI, CRA, CRAFT, DBT, Prolonged Exposure, STAIR), provided across group, individual, and family therapy venues. The setting for these holistic, compassionate, and evidence-based treatments is our 13-bed private facility, located in the stunning and cultured Berkshires of Western Massachusetts on 200 acres.