We have a 2 part-time position in our shipping department.
1) Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment: Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
2) Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
3) Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons, using stenciling equipment.
4) Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
5) Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
6) Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
7) Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.