QR Code Link to This Post
Join our team today! We are now hiring seasonal Driver Helpers for full time hours. We offer the potential to go permanent after the season!
Great Lakes Coca-Cola is a proud bottler and distributor of Coca-Cola products serving retailers throughout Chicagoland and the Midwest. GLCCB manufactures, markets and delivers more than 145 million cases annually from six bottling facilities and operates in six states including Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Indiana and Iowa.
Position Summary: Responsible for assisting drivers with delivery and merchandising of products.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Assists driver in delivery of products to customers
- Unloads product
- Merchandises customer accounts
- Maintains customer relationships
- Merchandise, display and rotate products according to company standards
- Pick up company property
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and company policies and procedures
- Other projects or duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Must be at least 18 years of age or meet the minimum state legal age requirements.
- Must have six (6) months of work experience (for example working in a distribution warehouse environment, roofer, farmhand, grocery dock, construction, manipulating patients in a hospital/nursing home or physical therapy environment, or other positions which require continuous heavy lifting which deals with multi-temperature.),
- Must have reliable automobile transportation, maintain an acceptable driving record and valid driver license, and maintain auto insurance coverage at least to the minimum amount specified by the Company and state law.
- The employee must be able to lift products from 25 lbs. to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Position must pass a post offer drug test, and background check.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with a handheld ordering device, prior merchandising or grocery store experience, including stocking, product handling, and local delivery and unloading experience.
- Prior customer service experience preferred.
- Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to handle exposure to all temperature changes, high noise levels, and safely working around moving equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.