LUVERNE AREA CHAMBER
Performs above average difficulty office support functions and specialized technical duties for the Luverne Area Chamber, Convention & Visitor's Bureau, Brandenburg Gallery, Herreid Military Museum, LIFT and other operations as instructed.
Works under the general supervision of the Executive Director
1. Composes, prepares, proofreads and types routine letters, statements, narratives and statistical reports
2. Answers/directs customer and client inquiries
3. Sorts and routes in-coming and out-going mail
4. Receives and screens office visitors and telephone calls
5. Maintain organizational files and records (including membership)
6. Operates a variety of office equipment to include personal computer, calculator, photocopier, fax machine, telephone system, accounting software and postage equipment
7. Assists and takes responsibilities for the planning, organization & operation of special events
8. Assists and takes responsibilities for the planning, organization & operation of committee work
9. Assists in the duties and responsibilities of the management and operation of the Brandenburg Gallery, Herreid Military Museum and Rock County Veterans Memorial Building
10. Takes responsibility as assigned for accounts payable and receivable
11. Pay bills and deposit income weekly; enter payroll
12. Updates the website and social media with upcoming events and membership info
13. Purchases and/or acquires supplies and maintain inventory
14. Works independently on given tasks with minimal supervision
Employee must possess an Associate Degree in office management or related field or 2-3 years of work experience in a secretarial or office management position.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
1. Thorough knowledge of general office practices, procedures and business English
2. Thorough knowledge of general accounting and mathematical principals
3. Thorough knowledge of the community and its businesses
4. Knowledge of Microsoft Office with above average use in Excel, Word and Publisher programs
5. Ability to review and analyze data by following guidelines and policies set by management; independent judgment is allowed under policy guidelines
6. Knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing on PC to create reports and compose forms
7. Ability to deal effectively and communicate with the public, Chamber members, government and organizations
1. This is a full-time, hourly, at-will position.
2. Salary is dependent on qualifications.
Description adopted: October 9, 2017