Repairs and maintains diesel, trucks by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Reads job order and observes and listens to truck in operation to determine malfunction and to plan work procedures
Preforms DOT inspections, prep truck for inspections
Aligns front wheels, changes or recharges batteries, and replaces transmissions and other parts.
Mount and dismount tires, replace brakes, drums and wheel seals
Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks, and makes adjustments.
Lubricates moving parts and drives repaired truck to verify conformance to specifications.
Fabricates special lifting or towing attachments, hydraulic systems, shields, or other devices according to blueprints or schematic drawings.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; ASE Diesel Certification, or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required:
* To stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
* The employee is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
* The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 150 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. Moving and handling oily parts.
* The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places.
* The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold; extreme heat and vibration.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Preferred knowledge, skills and abilities:
* 1 year experience as a Diesel Mechanic
* Valid CDL License
* ASE Diesel Certification an asset