Lead Experience Designer
Basking Ridge, NJ – Will Start Remote
Job Title: Lead Experience Designer
You are a model design practitioner who facilitates and delivers sound design solutions through collaboration with team and partners. You excel, model, or teach at least one of the core disciplines and reliably perform in others. Other designers look to you as an example. You produce sound, effective design solutions, and draw connections between projects and the organization’s broader strategies. You collaborate with your partners to come up with ideas and make things, but also guide them to make the right decisions for the user and business. You educate stakeholders in your areas of expertise on your projects. You support your partners, are sensitive to their goals and challenges, and deliver real-time responses. You facilitate collaboration with product, tech, and business partners on your projects. Outside of your projects, you externalize your knowledge to colleagues.
- Generate multiple credible design solutions.
- Engage in divergent/convergent group work with stakeholders.
- Judge solution quality and context appropriateness.
- Provide a range of exploration.
- Provide experience input new features and functionality.
- Identify design problems and opportunities within brief/context.
- Design within an established set of rules (patterns, guidelines, constraints, principles, etc.)
- Articulate user, business, or technical reasoning for design decision.
- Maintain organized working files and project directories.
- Explore, refine, and document solution thoroughly.
- Attentive to detail.
- Maintain fluency in shared tools and software.
- Objectively evaluate and refine concepts based on learning from prototypes and research.
- Target appropriate methods and fidelity based on learning objectives.
- Create prototypes to:
- Better understand the problem or requirements.
- Communicate and create consensus around designs.
- Better demonstrate design intent or feasibility.
What we’re looking for
You'll need to have:
Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Experience designing technical/business web applications.
Even better if you have:
A degree in design or related field of study.
A portfolio of UX design work from pencil and whiteboard, to wireframes and prototypes (blog, Dribbble, Github, etc).
Ability to digest and translate complex technical requirements into intuitive experiences.
Portfolio examples of enterprise applications.
Interest or knowledge about setting up and managing home networks (managing Wi-Fi and guest Wi-Fi, parental controls, IoT devices, connected home services).