We are looking for a Data Center Technician – Decommissioning. Volt's Client is an American multinational technology company that designs, develops, and sells consumer electronics, computer software, and online services.
The Data Center Technician is responsible for decommissioning and the supporting infrastructure in a fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities, while maintaining high availability. A strong attention to detail and effective documentation skills are critical components to success in this position.
• Decommission and deploy servers to meet deadlines.
• Install and validate servers and supporting hardware in a Highly Advanced mission critical datacenter.
• Install, test, and label cable and fiber using standard data center protocols and using cable management systems.
• Interact with the internal customers as well as vendors.
• Heavy interaction with vendors for HW installations
• Review power requirements and rack layouts to ensure that equipment is installed properly.
Experience installing and troubleshooting server hardware.
Ability to lift/move 25-50 lbs equipment on a daily basis.
Experience working in a large data center (1000+ servers).
Maintain high degree of self-motivation and independent decision-making.
Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
Please note the following: