Prestigious Commercial K boat, located in Miami, seeks an experienced, highly disciplined USCG licensed captain for ship operation, crew supervision, supervision of vessel maintenance, and maintenance of required USCG logs and records.
Captain must have completely clean marine and personal background.
We prefer applicants with experience with USCG Subchapter K vessels.
PVA experience is an asset.
Vessel is unique 224 x 48 shallow draft purpose built first-of-a-kind Event Ship with spuds. 2800 IT (89 US T), 600 passengers.
Primary operation is in Biscayne Bay with occasional trips to other ports. 2 3 operational trips per week which are typically 4-5 hours.
Companys clients are principally Fortune 500 companies and affluent individuals. Vessel and crew must
reflect first class appeared at all times. There are a constant flow of potential clients visiting the ship which must be maintained in presentation mode at all times. We strive for a spit and polish disciplined operation.
This is a 5 day per week full time position. May be live aboard or shore side. Supervises Mate/Engineer
and 5 -8 marine crew. Large hospitality staff is supervised by Hospitality Department.
Requirements & Preferences:
- Must have 5+ years experience of large boat operation preferably over 200. Small passenger ship, casino ship, and similar vessels are excellent background.
- Minimum USCG 500T license or 1600T Master's license required.
- Requires 5 years minimum command experience.
- USCG, marine academy and/or military experience is an asset.
- Command of USCG "K" or "H" vessel is especially desirable.
- Required excellent organizational skills, crew management skills, vessel maintenance skills as well as vessel operational and ship handling skills.
Excellent growth opportunity. Future ships are under consideration. This is a desirable position for an
individual who prefers to live in the Miami/South Florida area and maintain a normal non-traveling