QR Code Link to This Post
Glenlaurel Inn, a Select Registry Inn in the Hocking Hills area, is now hiring a Sous Chef in our Culinary Department.
Scope of Responsibility:
Responsible for the consistent preparation of innovative and creative cuisine of the highest quality, presentation and flavor for the dining rooms resulting in outstanding guest satisfaction. In accomplishing this standard, he/she will be directly involved in guest greeting and ongoing guest interaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Helps select/develop menus, create new menu options and ensure all products are prepared in a consistent manner according to appearance, quality, and portion according to Glenlaurel Inn standards. Assists Executive Chef in ordering, inventory control, and scheduling.
2) Displays leadership by maintaining a positive work environment and displays a willingness to cooperate with other team members. Helps dining staff to meet and exceed established serving standards on a consistent basis.
3) Accept responsibilities with professional attitude, meeting defined goals & objectives, and implementing instruction as directed by Executive Chef, but with minimal supervision.
4) Ensure that all kitchen equipment is properly cleaned, maintained and in working order at all times in accordance with County Health Department and Glenlaurel Inn standards. Follows and enforces all applicable safety procedures specified for kitchen and service areas.
5) Remains at all times appropriately groomed and wears the uniforms provided by Glenlaurel Inn.
Hiring wages have been increased in our Culinary Department, but will still be dependent on experience. 2 â 4 years of experience is preferred and must be willing to become ServSafe certified. Flexible schedule and paid vacation. Must have reliable transportation. Please send a resume with all current contact information.