PURPOSE: To provide support, direct care and training, while ensuring the health and safety of individuals served in accordance with relevant regulations.
1. Provide skill training, recreational and community activities, activities of daily living, to include but not limited to, assistance with feeding, personal care/hygiene, hydration, range of motion, mobility per the ISP, Delegated Nursing procedures.
2. Break job duties and assignments into specific steps to facilitate consumers learning.
3. Attend to and assist consumers with job task at all times.
4. Monitor quality of consumers work to ensure it adheres to industry standards and all tasks are completed within acceptable time frames.
5. Ensure client safety and comfort. Perform emergency CPR and First Aid when necessary.
6. Document in the progress notes, program sheets, service goals sheets, behavior support plan and notes. All documentation is to be in accordance with the ISP, CAFS, CARF, Behavior Support Rules/Regulations and Delegated Nursing.
7. Monitor consumer's level of performance including determining when support can be decreased.
8. Maintain accurate records on job coaching services provided to each consumer.
9. Maintain and reconcile client funds used during community outings and other client purchases.
10. Assist as a liaison with families, caregivers and advocates as assigned. Document to support communication.
11. Compile and document program evaluation data in the form of a monthly summary per individual as assigned.
12. Drive and maintain center vehicles per policy. Secure all consumers and passengers (staff) in seatbelt or use appropriate safety straps to secure wheelchairs. Transport individuals to and from community opportunities.
13. Clean, disinfect and maintain programmatic equipment and supplies.
14. Participate in committee responsibilities as assigned.
15. Must be willing to work flexible schedule to meet the needs of the clients. May be required to stay past scheduled shift end time in the event of emergency.
16. In order to maintain the health and safety of the individuals we serve; may be required to work overtime, whether scheduled or unscheduled.
17. Must stay on site with consumers at all times during scheduled work hours, and may be required to stay until transportation has arrived.
â¢ High School Diploma or equivalent.
â¢ Minimum one year experience working with individuals with disabilities or related healthcare field
â¢ Valid Ohio Driver's License - with less than 6 points
â¢ Current CPR/First Aid certification
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
â¢ Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
â¢ Excellent written and oral communication skills
â¢ Ability to increase knowledge and skills through on going training
â¢ Ability to change directions as required by the organization
â¢ Self Motivated
â¢ Dress code is Business Casual; appropriate for work site.
â¢ Must be able to lift, carry push or pull a minimum of 50 pounds.
â¢ Frequently requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
â¢ May be required to be on feet hours at a time.