QR Code Link to This Post
Good experience! Good pay! Good people! At Knife River, we take care of our team because we know itâs our people who make us successful. We are one of the 10 largest construction materials producers/contractors in the country, and weâre growing! We are adding people to our team every day â people who are committed to working safely and to delivering high-quality results for our customers
Gain real-world accounting experience as an intern with Knife River in Tangent, OR. This opportunity will expose you to various aspects of accounting department procedures and principles.
This internship opportunity will be full-time during the summer and shift to about 20+ hours/week to accommodate school schedules in the fall/winter.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Reconciling plant daily cash summary reports
- Assemble support for customer refunds
- Assist with customer pre-lien notifications
- Scanning and filing
- Receptionist fill-in coverage which includes answering phones and greeting visitors
- Assist in researching and resolving customer account receivable issues
- Other department duties assigned as needed.
- Currently a college student pursuing degree in accounting or related field.
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office.
- Communication skills â both verbal and written.
- Must be able to follow directions, maintain work flow in areas of responsibility and handle difficult situations.
- Ability to maintain proprietary and confidential information accordingly.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, candidates must complete and submit an employment application at https://jobs.mdu.com/PositionDetail.aspx?ID=18156 by the posting deadline noted above. If unable to complete an application online you may print and send completed application to any Knife River NW address or stop in one of our locations to complete an application.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
Veterans: Put Your Skills to Work with Us!
At Knife River, we are committed to helping our military transition to civilian life. We are constantly looking to add veterans to our workforce and want to make the transition as smooth as possible. There are many jobs within the military that are transferable to our Accounting position:
Finance Technician or Management Specialist