QR Code Link to This Post
Pantry cook needed for busy and fast paced restaurant in the small coastal village of Yachats. Fresh seafood and coastal favorites are our focus. Pantry is responsible for cold and hot items- platting appetizers, salads, sandwiches and desserts. Candidate is held to a high standard of consistency of beautiful platting, efficiency in prep work, maintaining quality ingredients and cleanliness of workspace. At Ona you will expand your food knowledge and can be proud of your ingredients.
Desirable candidate must have flexible schedule, as hours may vary.
Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Possess or able to obtain OR Food Handler's Card
Duties may include but are not limited to the following items:
- Able to do repetitive work
- Able to prepare food according to food handlers guidelines
- Knowledge of cooking procedures
- Able to effectively communicate with Chef, Sous Chef, Manager, prep cooks, wait
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment
- Knowledge of safety rules for kitchen equipment
- Knowledge of where and how everything is stored
- Label and date all food stored & Rotate food as needed
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Flexible with job duties
- Obtain / have Oregon State Food Handlers certification
- Follow opening and closing procedures
- Able to work in a high pace and hot environment
- Able to multi-task
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Report to managers when something is broken or needs repair
- Keep a clean, stocked and tidy workspace
- Be able to self-motivate in work environment
- Able to follow written or verbal instructions
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
- Must be able speak, read and understand basic cooking directions
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent
Culinary certificate or equivalent preferred but not necessary
High School Diploma or GED
1year experience in high volume kitchen
operation as a prep, pantry or Line Cook
Full Time for the right candidate. Email your resume and cover letter, in the body of your message (WE WILL NOT OPEN ATTACHEMENTS) or mail resume to PO Box 870 Yachats, OR 97498.