The University Inn & Suites Eugene is currently looking for a Front Desk Agent.
A Front Desk Agent represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guests stay.
1. Register guests and assign rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
2. Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
3. Knows room locations, types of rooms available, room rates, as well as all features and amenities of the hotel and surrounding area.
4. Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all checkouts, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
5. Thoroughly understands and adheres to proper credit card and cash handling policies and procedures.
6. Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
7. Maintain the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
8. Sales, stock, and inventory of marketplace using POS system.
9. Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the Manager.
10. Knows all safety and emergency procedures, is aware of accident prevention policies.
11. Other duties including housekeeping and maintenance as assigned by Management.
1. Ability to stand for long periods of time.
2. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
3. Repetitive motions.
1. Excellent customer service skills.
2. Ability to type 40-45 wpm.
3. Computer experience a must.
4. Experience with office equipment.
5. Problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
6. Ability to answer multi-line phone.
7. Ability to multi-task.
Available position is part-time, available shifts are AM and PM.
Respond to this ad with a resume, or you may come in person to 1857 Franklin Blvd, across from Matthew Knight Arena, and fill out an application!