We are seeking Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) to join our team!
Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) are people who work directly with people with physical disabilities and/or intellectual disabilities with the aim of assisting the individual to become integrated into his/her community.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
* No experience necessary as we do training internally.
* Minimum of high school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
* Experience or sincere interest in working with adults or children with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities within a setting promoting community integration, normalization, and treatment of all persons with dignity and respect.
* Must be able to stoop, bend, lift, and carry at least fifty (50) pounds of weight without assistance when performing household duties, shopping, or assisting individuals served.
* Must be able to lift and/or transfer physically challenged individuals who require such assistance to remain active and mobile while engaged in household or community activities.
* To actively participate in developing and implementing plans to meet the needs of the individuals served.
* To document on proper forms all activity relative to the operation of the home or work site.
* Assist with medication management.
* To follow written behavior support strategies, including completion of all written documentation requirements.
In addition to competitive wages ($13.00/hour) and potential overtime pay, regular reviews for pay increases, paid training, promotion from within, a casual dress code, and fun environments, we provide excellent benefit package for full-time employees: medical/Rx, dental, and vision coverage; paid-time off; retirement plan with match; life insurance; and much more!
About Alternative Services - Oregon, Inc:
Alternative Services - Oregon, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities through residential and vocational programs. We are presently licensed to provide services in seven Oregon counties and have existing contracts with the State of Oregon for services for children.
All levels of employees, from administrators to direct support staff, are committed to ensuring that the individuals we support have the quality of life they desire. We believe each person has the right to be involved in making decisions regarding their life. This person-centered practice honors the individual's values, beliefs, and individuality.
Our employees are like-minded individuals that constantly strive to grow and advance both their skills and the skills of the individuals we support. Alternative Services - Oregon, Inc. is always looking to expand our hard-working and dedicated team. We offer significant career advancement potential for employees genuinely committed to making a difference in the lives of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Come join our team today!