QR Code Link to This Post
Are you looking for a career in Hospitality?
The Benbow Historic Inn is seeking an outstanding Relief Night Auditor / Front Desk Agent candidate to represent the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest's stay.
The Relief Night Auditor is a key member of the Guest Services team, responsible for the overnight operations of the Hotel on off days for the primary night auditor, with a focus emphasized on verifying the accuracy of guest accounts and balancing the day's revenue transactions.
You are also responsible for ensuring we provide the highest level of guest service and that our standards are met and maintained at all times. A Night Auditor must have a positive and professional, upbeat, personality to deliver outstanding customer service to our guests and be comfortable with numbers and basics functions of accounting. You will also have a split duty of shifts throughout the week as a Guest Services Agent where you will have a higher focus on delivery excellent customer service and booking reservations.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide a First-Rate Guest Experience.
2. Providing information to guests about hotel policies, services and amenities.
3. Responding to requests from guests for assistance and information about the local area (e.g. directions, places to eat, etc.).
4. Selling and upselling rooms to "walk-in" customers.
5. Book future hotel/dining reservations
6. Entering/changing reservation information on the computer system.
7. Posting charges to guest accounts.
8. Processing payments from guests.
9. Closing, balancing and making necessary corrections to guest accounts.
10. Counting and balancing cash, credit cards and direct bill accounts.
11. Investigation or analyzing out-of-balance situations and making adjustments or corrections as needed.
12. Completing various computer audit reports.
13. Performing all the duties as outlined in the training manual.
14. Listening for or anticipating and responding to guest complaints.
15. Operating hotel switchboard or PBX. Use established greeting when answering the phone or meeting guests in person. Speak with attitude of warmth and friendliness. Find a way to say "yes" to their needs if you are reasonably able to do so. Look for ways to be helpful and courteous.
16. Cleaning the front desk and lobby area.
17. Maintaining daily logs.
18. Balancing shift work and cash drawers.
19. You are a part of the property's security team and are responsible to report any potential safety or security hazards to management immediately. Know all emergency procedures to follow and how to respond in the event of different types of emergencies.
20. Requires standing for long periods of time and being able to reach approximately 48 inches in height.
21. At times, may be responsible to clean guest rooms.
22. Ensuring guests receive requested amenities and deliver to rooms when no other staff is available to do so.
23. Any other duties assigned by Supervisor
Salary: $13.50 (DOE) - Relief Night Auditor
The Front Desk Agent determines a guest's reservation status and identifies how long the guest will stay. Helps guests complete registration cards and then assigns rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible. Verifies the guest's method of payment and follows established check-in procedures. Works closely with the housekeeping department in keeping room status reports up to date and coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work. Maintains guest room key storage. Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and offers assistance in making choices. Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property. Performs cashiering tasks like bill / invoice settlement, posting charges to the guest, and paid out's.
Demonstrated customer service skills
Strong computer skills
Ability to multi-task
Benefits include health and dental options, retirement savings plan, friends and family room rates, employee discounts, and possible housing opportunities.
Salary $12.00 Per Hour (DOE) - Night Front Desk Agent
If you feel that the Relief Night Auditor / Night Front Desk Agent is what you would like to do, please visit our website at www.benbowinn.com and fill out a application online, or fax your resume with a cover sheet to 707-923-2122, or you can visit us at 445 Lake Benbow Drive, Garberville, CA 95542 to fill out an application.