Hope Chinese Charter School is seeking a Middle School English Teacher.
Hope Chinese Charter School successfully opened its doors in the fall of 2012 as the first public Chinese Immersion School in the Beaverton School District. The school is currently offering grades K-7, adding 8th grade in 2019 to eventually become a K-8 school. Hope Chinese Charter School is looking for qualified candidates for a full-time Middle School English Teacher/Long Term Substitute. positions. http://hopeccs.org/
Send: Cover Letter, Resume, qualifications, and references to the email provided.
English Middle School Teacher Qualifications:
1. Highly compassionate and energetic, with excellent skills to build rapport with children.
2. BA or higher in Education.
3. Hold and maintain an Oregon Teacher License.
4. ESL endorsement preferred.
5. Minimum 1-year experience as a teacher preferred.
6. Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
7. Skilled with using technology in the classroom.
8. Knowledgeable in curriculum development and curriculum design. Familiarity with curriculum mapping desired.
1. Design and implement effective plans for instructions following curriculum learning goals, using formative and summative assessments.
2. Effectively manage classroom teaching and learning time by enforcing school's code of behavior and maximizing student engagement.
3. Motivate students to achieve at their highest potential by selecting appropriate materials and methods for implementation of the curriculum to adapt to the learning styles, needs and abilities of students.
4. Regularly reflect on and improve instructional effectiveness.
5. Develop positive relationships and work cooperatively with students, parents, co-workers, Principal, School Board and the community.
6. Conduct self in a professional manner adhering to the codes of conduct in the Employee Manual.
7. Assume other responsibilities assigned by the Principal as needed.
Physical Conditions include but are not limited to:
â Standing/Walking: Frequently; throughout work shift while performing classroom duties, P.E. classes, recess supervision, field trips.
â Sitting: Occasionally; while performing classroom duties.
â Lift/Carry: Frequently, 1-25 pounds; classroom instructional materials, books, binders, paperwork. For heavier lifting, assistance is available.
â Bending/Twisting: Occasionally; at knees/waist/neck while throughout day.
â Push/Pull: Occasionally, exerting a force of 5-20 pounds; while moving supplies.
â Climbing/Balancing: Rarely; may use step stool.
â Kneeling/Crouching/Crawling: Occasionally; may be required while assisting student in physical activities or may occur while restraining student's disruptive behavior.
â Hands/Arms: Constant use of both in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering/gripping while performing a variety of physical and administrative duties. Overhead reaching is required.
â Sight/Hearing/Speech: Constantly; to provide instructional assistance to student. Assignment may require hand/eye coordination, depth perception and peripheral vision depending on assignment.
HCCS adheres to a policy of racial nondiscrimination in the admission of students. It admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at HCCS. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in the administration of its student admissions policies, employment policies, educational policies, grant and scholarship programs and athletic and other school administered