Wanted: Diesel mechanic for a truck fleet repair shop (Schurter Trucking LLC) located in Silverton, OR. Bumper to bumper knowledge preferred, but not required.
- Identify repairs to be made to vehicles by visual inspection and by using electronic troubleshooting.
- Perform preventative maintenance, i.e. changing truck oil, gear lubes, rotate and replace tires, brake repair/replacement and clutch repair/maintenance.
- Rebuild/overhaul truck engines and transmissions in accordance with the engine overhaul manual to prevent breakdowns
- Respond to road calls to repair equipment that has become inoperable during project delivery to ensure timely deliveries and minimal downtime.
- Perform trailer and interior work.
- Document troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and repair activities.
- Communicate and coordinate with the Shop Manager
- Must have good communication skills, both written and oral and be a team player
- Other responsibilities and tasks as assigned
Full benefits for full time employees provided:
Overtime after 40 hours/week