Our direct client is looking for Senior Project Manager for a Contract position in Harrisburg, PA.
- The Conservation and Environment Delivery Center is looking for an experienced and motivated project manager.
- This project manager will lead an effort to modernize the existing administrative system in use by the Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Farmland Preservation.
- Pennsylvania leads the nation in the number of farms and acres permanently preserved for agricultural production, and to continue to meet ambitious performance measures around preserved farmland, the bureau needs to enhance its system to incorporate new functionality and improve access to available data.
- As our delivery center is a hybrid project management environment, ideal candidates should have strong experience both running projects as a traditional project manager and serving as a scrum master on a scrum team.
- Knowledge and experience in additional agile frameworks is a plus.
- This position reports to the business and service management director for the delivery center.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining project control documents in accordance with enterprise project management methodologies and as needed by the project.
- Developing detailed project plans using project scheduling tools.
- Leading all project plan development activities, including identification of phases, activities, tasks, deliverables, milestones, dependencies, schedules and assignment of resources.
- Motivating project resources to complete assigned duties and tasks.
- Preparing formal reports on the status and health of the IT projects, including periodic status reports, management dashboards and project metrics.
- Monitoring project quality, schedule and budget and facilitate actions to mitigate risk and address issues that arise.
- Facilitating risk and issue management for IT projects by promoting transparency and communication for identified risks.
- Facilitating deliverable and project artifact approval processes for IT projects by tracking all deliverables and project artifacts that require approvals, communicating the need for approvals to the appropriate groups and individuals and tracking approval decisions and following up where need be to ensure approvals are achieved within established timeframes.
- Managing the project change control process for issues that impact the quality, schedule or budget of the project.
- Facilitating project meetings as needed, including scrum events such as retrospectives and reviews.
- Ensuring the upkeep and accuracy of the project in the commonwealth’s project portfolio management system (Daptiv) to include project status, health, and timekeeping data.
- Working closely with agency business relationship managers, executive staff, and delivery center management to ensure project success and provide project status.
- Using knowledge of agile practices and frameworks (in particular Scrum and Kanban) to support and serve the agile teams in the delivery center.
- Serving as scrum master for agile development teams.
- Influencing and leading organizational change that positively impacts our agile teams.
- Providing and delivering project reports, presentations, and statuses to all levels of management with the delivery center and our customer agencies.
- Ensuring compliance with SDLC policies and procedures
- Directing, coordinating, and tracking the activities of delivery center staff associated with the project.
- Full-time experience as a project manager for large and complex information technology projects - Required
- Full-time experience serving as a scrum master on a scrum team. - Required
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate at all levels of an organization, including executive st - Required
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate others to complete tasks - Required
- PMP or scrum master certification - Strong plus to have
- Experience in utilizing agile project management methodologies. - Strong plus to have
Question 1: Please note that this position is expected to be till 06/30/2021 and is part time, meaning up to 20 hours per week. Is the candidate aware about this and agrees with it?"
Question 2 : All positions are onsite positions. The remote work is to be considered temporary, due to the Coronavirus. All positions are required to report on site at the Rachel Carson State Office Building or the Department of Agriculture immediately if/when restrictions are lifted.Are you fine with this?
Question 3: The Conservation and Delivery Center requires resources to reside within 100 miles of the worksite for the following reasons:
- They will be required to report onsite on or before the agreed upon start date to receive a computer/laptop and other essential items.
- They may be required to be onsite for emergencies and/or any other unexpected issues that may arise.
Question 4: Where is the candidate currently living?
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Please send resume to "jobs at etechnovision dot com" with A2940A in Subject for immediate consideration.