Our company is looking for a highly experienced part-time accountant/CPA who can review our staff accountant monthly accounting work plus prepare the necessary financial statements for our firm.
Job Responsibilities: Provides financial information to leadership team by researching and analyzing accounting data and preparing reports. We are looking for somebody that can review our bookkeeper work, answer all the questions, and prepare the correct financial statements, general ledger, and other reports for our firm's leadership team.
Accountant Job Duties:
1. Review asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
2. Review financial transactions.
3. Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
4. Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
5. Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
6. Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
7. Guides accounting staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
8. Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
9. Secures financial information by completing database backups.
10. Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
This position requires the following skills:
1. Proficient with QuickBooks Online and Excel
2. Experience in effectively presenting key financial data, both verbally and in writing
3. Creation of Budgets & Estimates
4. Fast typing skills
5. Reporting Skills & Financial Analysis
6. Financial Forecasting & Projections
7. AR, AP, & Payroll Management
8. Content Writing and Business Writing
9. You will need at least five (5) years accounting experience in an office environment and a Bachelor's degree is preferred. CPA certificate is a plus.
We estimate this work could be from 10 to 40 hours a month. You should be comfortable with software and technology, and be an overall organized person. Good communication skills are a must. Some remote/Virtual work is possible and may be required.
Our company is a growing, non-medical, private duty home care agencies providing care giving services to senior and support to individual with intellectual disability so that they can continue to live in their homes in Tennessee. We are an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace. We are looking for independent and self-motivated individuals that possesses a high level of energy to join our company.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the candidate assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive summary of all responsibilities, duties and effort required. Pay Rate is negotiable and will be directly related to experience, performance, and capabilities of individual.