The Holiday Inn Express and Suites Austin NW is looking to hire a friendly and reliable Laundry Attendant. If you think you'd be a great addition to our team, please apply! The Laundry Attendant performs day-to-day laundry functions including: collecting dirty laundry, sorting, and pre-spotting when necessary; washing, drying, and folding laudnry using industrial sized equipment. This position will also serve as a back-up housekeeper in times of absence, performing routine cleaning duties. Starting salary is $11.50 per hour. Apply now!
Responsibilities- Sort all laundry after removing from laundry chute.
- Maintain and operate all laundry equipment in accordance with established procedures.
- Separate and wash terry separate from linen.
- Ensure that all linen and terry is free of stains and tears prior to washing.
- Pre-spot stained linen and terry before rewashing.
- Fold linen in accordance with established procedures.
- Fold and stack clean towels, removing any stained or torn linen/terry and place in appropriate storage location.
- Check/refill washer chemicals as needed.
- Stock, clean and maintain laundry carts, storage areas, and laundry racks.
- Clean guest rooms during peak periods, if necessary, while maintaining productivity standards.
- Assist with or perform Linen Inventory as required.
- Perform other various duties as required or assigned.
Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time up to 8 hours a day.
Open availability to work potential weekends and holidays.
Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed accuracy, follow through, and work with a minimum supervision.
Ability to grasp, bend, and stoop; push or pull heavy loads weighing up to 30 lbs.