Working together, Robert Half and a prominent Insurance company are searching for a Programmer Analyst with expertise in software and applications programming and industry requirements. The Programmer Analyst will help formulate and define systems scope and objectives. You will use research and fact-finding to make suggestions about developing or altering applications or databases. Based in Dallas, Texas, this is a long-term contract / temporary Programmer Analyst employment opportunity you do not want to miss.
Your responsibilities in this role
- Collaborates on establishing communication materials for specific system changes being implemented in production
- Evaluates and records problems. Collaborates with other programmers to fix issues with code
- Evaluates processing procedures and suggests ways to improve
- Build and assess programming changes for every phase of systems development prior to implementation. Record test cases and expected results. Ensure results meet requirements. May develop basic tests or a defined subset of a larger system test. May make suggestions regarding acceptance/rejection if not all requirements are met
- Builds and maintains dictionaries for applications and systems support by the analyst
- Trains and assists end users and other partner groups for a particular application, system or process, on an ongoing basis
- Guides internal clients on applications, systems and/or processes for identifying and resolving, processing/reporting programming problems. Provides consultation through troubleshooting and/or education
- Reviews user requests for changes or improvements to systems. Records functional requirements and analyzes cost, feasibility and utility. Makes suggestions regarding how, when and whether to make the changes
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Comprehension of PC and mainframe hardware/software
- Demonstrated success acting in a project management capacity
- Good working understanding of programming languages
- Previous experience as a project leader for the business portion of developmental applications or major systems improvements
- Responsive Web Design experience preferred
- Strong familiarity with responsive design
- Comprehensive knowledge of React
- Proven knowledge of REST API
- Command of GIT
- ECMAScript experience highly desired
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world's first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.