Are you passionate about data and code? Does the prospect of dealing with massive volumes of data excite you? Do you want to build data engineering solutions that process billions of records? Do you want to create the next-generation of product for self-service data transformation? If so, Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) is for you!
Amazon FinTech is an organization where people, technology and innovation come together to build products and solve problems for Amazon. Technology solution and services we build enables Amazon's new business growth, provide operational efficiency through automation, compliance with law and analysis of our financial data. Through our products, we aim to provide Amazon competitive advantage for running its business and insights for our customers using state of the art technologies.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will play a role in the design, implementation and deployment of large-scale and complex software systems. You will get to deliver innovative solutions to challenging problems. You will communicate your ideas effectively to achieve the right outcome for your team and customer. You will get the opportunity to work through all the phases of software development; starting from requirements gathering, designing solutions, building new interfaces, and integration with existing architectures, development and testing code, and delighting the customers with world-class software. The team is in the early phases of design and development and this is your chance to shape a brand new product from the start.
Key job responsibilities
• Design and build services to make customer lives better and will be part of a new "AWS like" technology platform for FinTech.
• Lead the definition, vision, design, roadmap of a new platform.
• Work through all phases of the project lifecycle, including reviewing requirements, designing services that lay foundation for the new technology platform, building new interfaces and also integrate with existing architectures, developing and testing code, and delivering seamless implementations for Tax customers.
• Evaluate and utilize multiple AWS technologies in database persistence, compute, Analytics, mobile and security
• Design and code in Angular JS, React, Node.js, JQuery, SQL, java, Kotlin, AWS technologies to deliver solutions.
• Contribute to a suite of tools that will be hosted on the AWS infrastructure.
• Build dashboard and visualization services.
• Build iteratively using agile methodologies.
• Experience taking a leading role through the entire software development lifecycle in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Design scalable service architectures and review new designs for integration into existing architectures.
• Design/code applications requiring a high degree of complexity.
• Design data structures that meet the application requirements.