Busy family medicine office near Coit Rd and Pres. George Bush Tollway has an immediate opening for a back-office Medical Assistant. We are open from 8:45am - 5:30pm Mon, Wed, and Thurs, 10:45 - 8:00 on Tuesdays, 8:30am - 2:30pm Fridays, and 9am-1pm one Saturday a month. Closed all major holidays. You can expect 40/week with OT available at times. The schedule is very flexible, the office is beautiful and the providers and staff are fun and easy to work with. Strong preference is given to applicants with primary care experience, those available to start immediately, and those with experience with eClinicalWorks EMR.
Please DO NOT APPLY if you have less than 1 year experience in primary care or 2 years as an M.A. in a specialists' office, or if you are unable to work this schedule.
Heavy phlebotomy. Must have reliable transportation. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Medical insurance is affordable and available after 90 days, paid time off is available after 6 months, and paid holidays after one year.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
* Taking vital signs, recording accurate med lists and chief complaints, making sure patients are comfortable
* Phlebotomy (lots), injections, processing specimens, EKG's, nebulizer treatments, vaccinations, etc.
* Assisting providers with minor surgeries and procedures
* Autoclaving instruments, stocking rooms, keeping the patient areas clean and well supplied
* Calling patients with results, and sounding knowledgeable and respectful over the phone
* Scheduling tests and obtaining RQI's from insurance companies, taking phone messages and calls from patients and their families, other doctors' offices, laboratories, pharmacies, etc.
* Facilitating a smooth flow of patients by helping the providers stay on schedule, anticipating their needs and generally making their jobs easier in any and all ways possible
If you have AT LEAST 2 years experience as an M.A., or 1 year recent primary care experience, and are looking for a nice place to work please send your resume by replying to this posting. Be sure to include your CONTACT INFO and DATES of graduation and employment on your resume.
THE FOLLOWING RESUMES WILL BE DISCARDED WITHOUT BEING READ:
1. THOSE WITHOUT DATES
2. THOSE FROM NEW GRADUATES
3. THOSE WITH LESS THAN 1 YEAR EXPERIENCE AS AN M.A.
SO PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE AND DON'T CLUTTER UP MY INBOX!