For those looking to use their knowledge of software and applications programming and industry requirements to formulate and define systems scope and objectives, Robert Half has an open Programmer Analyst position. You will use research and fact-finding to make suggestions about developing or altering applications or databases. This long-term contract / temporary Programmer Analyst opportunity is found in Houston, Texas.
What you get to do every single day
- Guides internal clients on applications, systems and/or processes for identifying and resolving, processing/reporting programming problems. Provides consultation through troubleshooting and/or education
- Provides ongoing training and assistance for end users and other partner groups for a particular application, system or process
- Analyzes user requests for systems changes or improvements. Documents functional requirements and assesses cost, feasibility and utility. Develops recommendation as to how, when or whether to proceed with making the changes
- Evaluates processing procedures and suggests ways to improve
- Analyzes and documents issues. Works with other programmers to correct code problems
- Creates and updates dictionaries for applications and systems support by the analyst
- Build and evaluate programming changes prior to implementation for each systems development phase. Record test cases and expected outcomes. Ensure that requirements are met. May create simple tests or a defined subset of a larger system test. May suggest acceptance/rejection in cases where not all requirements are met
- Helps develop communication content for particular system changes being implemented in production
- Strong project planning and management tasks, business systems support functions and project costing techniques
- Knowledge of PC and mainframe hardware/software
- Excellent verbal, written, and social skills
- Previous experience as a project leader for the business portion of developmental applications or major systems improvements
- Programming language knowledge required
- Comprehensive knowledge of navigating basic office equipment and protocols
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world's first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.